Open all year round
Fans of cultural outings are spoilt for choice in Montpellier. Every week, there are shows on all over the city for everyone, young and old, whether you’re going as a family or with a group of friends. These include one-man shows, concerts, theatre, opera, circus or magic, recitals, dance, etc.
There are just as many entertainment venues - major ones such as the Sud de France Arena, the Berlioz opera house, the Zénith and the Victoire 2, smaller places such as the legendary Rockstore or the Antirouille (which is rather “alternative”) and many others, such as the Amphitheatre d’Ô, The Halle Tropisme, The Opéra Comédie, the Théâtre Jean-Claude Carrière, The Agora, etc.
Eclecticism, diversity, variety, etc. These are just some of the words that can be used to describe the programming for Montpellier’s festivals. Let’s look at a few examples:
- Festival Tropisme (January): urban music, innovation and digital design
- Rencontres du Court (March): a selection of short films and a competition
- Le Printemps des Comédiens (May/June): theatre and performing arts festival
- Maguelone music festival (June): classical, sacred, medieval, etc. music
- Festival Arabesque (September) all the culture of the Arabic world through music, theatre, storytelling, cinema, dance, calligraphy, etc.
Check out all the shows that are on in Montpellier and the surrounding area